AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Warmer temperatures are spreading across the southern United States, bringing some relief to a winter weary region. It faces a challenging clean-up and expensive repairs from days of extreme cold and widespread power outages. In hard-hit Texas, where millions were warned to boil tap water before drinking it, the warm-up on Saturday was expected to last for several days. President Joe Biden declared a major disaster in Texas on Friday, directing federal agencies help in the recovery. At least 69 deaths are being blamed on the weather conditions.
Photo courtesy of Ronald W. Erdrich, The Abilene Reporter-News via AP
Warmer temperatures are spreading across the southern United States, bringing some relief to a winter weary region.
Posted: Feb 20, 2021 10:11 AM
- Warmer temps bring relief as cold-weary South starts cleanup
- Jennings Players Cleanup
- Patrice Weary, KalebDerouen to Reign as Homecoming 2020 Queen and King
- 2021 Off to a Very Cold Start
- Red Cross Offers 8 Ways to Stay Safe During Cold Temps
- Vermilion Catholic Eagles Cleanup After Hurricane
- Vermillion Parish Continues Hurricane Laura Cleanup
- Corona-Virus Relief Package
- Bon Temps Grill Open In New Location
- Storms taking aim at South could bring strong tornadoes
Scroll for more content...