PONCHATOULA, La. (AP) — For the second year in a row, the coronavirus pandemic has canceled a popular spring festival in Louisiana. News agencies report that the Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival won't be held April 9-11 as planned. Organizers say the farmer’s auction and the queen’s pageant will still be held. Next year will be the festival's 50th anniversary. Organizers say that festival is still on the calendar.
Photo courtesy of louisianatravel.com
For the second year in a row, the coronavirus pandemic has canceled a popular spring festival in Louisiana.
Posted: Feb 10, 2021 4:10 PM
- Virus cancels Louisiana strawberry fest for 2nd year
- Virus: Louisiana school goes online, forfeits playoffs
- Louisiana, Loyola Men's Basketball Game Canceled
- Louisiana Governor can Renew Virus Rules, at Least for Now
- Judge Rejects GOP Try at Blocking Louisiana Virus Restrictions
- As Virus Cases Spike, Louisiana Governor Adds Restrictions
- Louisiana governor eases virus rules, lets bars open indoors
- Edwards keeps Louisiana mask rule, ditches many virus limits
- 2020 Louisiana Book Festival Canceled Due to Pandemic
Scroll for more content...