A Eunice Police Officer is back on the job and the other consulting with a surgeon about whether he'll need hernia surgery after the two were injured breaking up a fight Saturday night on the LSU-Eunice campus. It happened at a unit at Bengal Village Apartments on campus where several Eunice cops as well as campus police were called to a disturbance. Police Chief Randy Fontenot tells News 15 a male student , who was obviously under the influence of something, caused the disturbance and the officers were injured taking him into custody. Fontenot adds that whatever the student was high on, he was still under its influence 24-36 hours later. Charges are pending in the case. The suspect has not been identified.
Two Police Injured While Breaking Up a Fight on LSUE Campus
Posted: Jan 27, 2021 6:28 PM
- Two Police Injured While Breaking Up a Fight on LSUE Campus
- LSUE To Close Campus Through Sunday, August 30
- LSUE Campus To Remain Closed On Wed., Feb. 17
- LSUE To Offer Online Gameful Learning Courses
- LSUE Classes Canceled Monday and Tuesday
- LSUE Baseball Trio Named NJCAA All-Americans
- LSUE to Declare Election Day a Holiday on Academic Calendar
- LSUE to Hold Winter Fair on December 4, 2020
- LSUE Receives Donation from Ochsner Lafayette for Scholarships
- LSUE’s Semones Selected for AJLI’S National DEI Workgroup
Scroll for more content...