State Fire Marshal deputies are investigating a house fire in Starks involving one death. Calcasieu Parish Ward 6 Fire Department responded to the 600 block of Highway 109 in Starks just after 7 a.m. on September 7, 2020. Firefighters later located the body of a male inside. A pet dog also died in the fire. While the cause remains undetermined at this time, deputies have learned, due to the power remaining unreliable in the area, the occupant was using a candle for light. More information will be released as it becomes available.
State Fire Marshal deputies are investigating a house fire in Starks involving one death.
Posted: Sep 8, 2020 11:17 AM
- State Fire Marshal Deputies Investigating Starks House Fire
- State Fire Marshal Investigating a Fire Involving Two Deaths
- State Fire Marshal Approval, COVID-19 Standards Required for Haunted Houses
- State Fire Marshal K-9 Monty Retires
- House fire in Carencro Under Investigation
- House Fire in Lafayette Under Investigation
- State Fire Marshal's Office Shares Carbon Monoxide Safety Tips
- State Fire Marshal’s Office Offers Thanksgiving Safety Tips
- State Fire Marshal Issue Safety Tips for Heating Your Home
- State Fire Marshal’s Office Outlines 2020 Performance
Scroll for more content...