BARCELONA, Spain (AP) — A fifth night of peaceful protests to denounce the imprisonment of a Spanish rap artist once more devolved into clashes between police and fringe group members who set up street barricades and smashed storefront windows in Barcelona. Small groups made up mostly of young people damaged stores and threw stones after riot police engaged them. Police also were pelted by rocks after a march in the city Lleida. That's where rapper Pablo Hasél spent 24 hours barricaded in a university building before police took him away Tuesday to serve a 9-month prison sentence for insulting the Spanish monarchy and praising terrorist violence in his music. A march in Madrid on Saturday night ended peacefully.
People loot a Versace store during a protest condemning the arrest of rap singer Pablo Hasél in Barcelona, Spain, Saturday, Feb. 20, 2021. Photo courtesy of AP Photo/Felipe Dana
Small groups made up mostly of young people damaged stores and threw stones after riot police engaged them.
Posted: Feb 20, 2021 4:20 PM
Updated: Feb 20, 2021 4:26 PM
- Masked Rapper MF Doom Dies at 49
- Undefeated Cougars and Bears Clash
- Rapper King Von, 2 others, fatally shot in Atlanta
- Rapper Lil Wayne Charged with Federal Gun Offense in Florida
- Rapper Lil Wayne Pleads Guilty to Federal Weapons Charge
- Rapper-actor DMX, known for gruff delivery, dead at 50
- Rapper Charged with Coronavirus Benefit Fraud After Boasting in Song About Benefit Fraud
Scroll for more content...