SHREVEPORT, La. -Aaron McKinney,a.k.a “Dinosaur,”41, of Shreveport, Louisiana, was sentenced by Chief United States District Judge S. Maurice Hicks, Jr. to 120 months (10 years) in prison, followed by 5years of supervised release,forconspiracy to distribute and possession with intent to distributemethamphetamine, announcedActing United States Attorney Alexander C. Van Hook. Between March2019 and December 2019, law enforcement agents began an investigation into the suspected drug trafficking activities of McKinney and other co-defendants. During the investigation, DEA agents obtained authority to intercept phone calls on a cell phone belonging to a co-defendant. On several occasions, law enforcement agents intercepted phone calls wherein McKinney discussed obtaining methamphetamine, as well as prices, amounts, and meeting locationsto purchasethe methamphetamine. At the time of his arrest, McKinney admitted to agents that he was selling and purchasing methamphetamine.On July 27, 2020, McKinney pleaded guilty to the chargeof conspiracy to distribute and possession with intent to distributemethamphetamine.The DEA conducted the investigationand Assistant U.S. Attorney Tennille Gilreath prosecuted the case.This is part of an Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force (OCDETF) operation. OCDETF identifies, disrupts, and dismantles the highest level drug traffickers, money launderers, gangs, and transnational criminal organizations that threaten the United States by using a prosecutor-led, intelligence—riven, multi-agency approach that leverages the strengths of federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies against criminal networks.
Aaron McKinney,a.k.a “Dinosaur,”41, of Shreveport, Louisiana, was sentenced by Chief United States District Judge S. Maurice Hicks, Jr. to 120 months (10 years) in prison.
Posted: Mar 10, 2021 4:58 PM
- Shreveport Man Sentenced for Selling and Distributing Methamphetamine
- Shreveport Tax Preparer Sentenced to Federal Prison
- Ville Platte Man Sentenced with Possession of Methamphetamine With Intent to Distribute Cocaine
- Shreveport Man Sentenced to 19 Years in Federal Prison for Selling Drugs and Possessing Firearms
- Man Wanted Statewide for Shreveport Hospital Shooting
- Welsh Man Arrested for Possession of Methamphetamine
- Heroin and Methamphetamine Traffickers Sentenced in Federal Court
- Shreveport mayor, council to discuss infrastructure repairs
- Shreveport Man with Lengthy Criminal History Sentenced in Federal C ourt
- Shreveport Man Sentenced to Federal Prison for Illegal Possession of Firearm
Scroll for more content...