SEVERE WX : Dense Fog Advisory View Alerts
STREAMING NOW: Watch Now

Scott Fire Department Responds to Accidental Commercial Fire

Scott Fire Dept.

On Thursday, Dec. 17 at 8:46 p.m., Scott Fire Department was dispatched to a commercial fire in the 300 Block Westgate Road. Upon arrival, firefighters observed heavy smoke emitting from a coin laundry business.

Posted: Dec 18, 2020 3:58 PM

On Thursday, Dec. 17 at 8:46 p.m., Scott Fire Department was dispatched to a commercial fire in the 300 Block Westgate Road. Upon arrival, firefighters observed heavy smoke emitting from a coin laundry business.

Firefighters were able to quickly bring the fire under control, confining it to one corner of the building.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental in nature, caused by clothes overheating, infighting and spreading to a nearby machine and wall.

Damage to the structure was minimal.

Lafayette, Duson and Judice responded to assist.

Lafayette
Cloudy
52° wxIcon
Hi: 76° Lo: 51°
Feels Like: 52°
New Iberia
Cloudy
51° wxIcon
Hi: 73° Lo: 51°
Feels Like: 51°
Ville Platte
Cloudy
49° wxIcon
Hi: 76° Lo: 52°
Feels Like: 49°
Abbeville
Cloudy
47° wxIcon
Hi: 74° Lo: 53°
Feels Like: 47°
Crowley
Cloudy
52° wxIcon
Hi: 76° Lo: 51°
Feels Like: 52°
St. Martinville
Cloudy
51° wxIcon
Hi: 75° Lo: 50°
Feels Like: 51°
Opelousas
Cloudy
49° wxIcon
Hi: 77° Lo: 49°
Feels Like: 49°
Warm Weather Sticks Around for the Weekend

Community Events