NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Taysom Hill rushed for two touchdowns and passed for 233 yards in his first NFL start at quarterback, and the New Orleans Saints extended their winning streak to seven games with a 24-9 victory over the Atlanta Falcons. Coach Sean Payton gave Hill the nod over free-agent acquisition Jameis Winston while Saints record-setting quarterback Drew Brees is sidelined with rib injuries. Hill completed 18 of 23 passes without an interception and rushed for a team-high 51 yards. Atlanta quarterback Matt Ryan was sacked eight times and intercepted twice. The Falcons did not score a touchdown.
Photo courtesy of AP Photo/Butch Dill
Taysom Hill rushed for two touchdowns and passed for 233 yards in his first NFL start at quarterback.
Posted: Nov 23, 2020 3:48 PM
- Saints Win 7th Straight, Beat Falcons in Hill's First Start
- Saints Overcome Brees Injury, Beat 49ers 27-13
- Saints cut veteran tight end Josh Hill, extend J.T. Gray
- Saints Sign Winston
- Saints' Lattimore suspected of possessing stolen handgun
- UNC-Chapel Hill Goes to Remote Learning After 135 COVID-19 Cases Within Week of Starting Classes
- RAGIN' CAJUNS BASKETBALL: Louisiana Wins Fourth Straight; Edges Texas State, 62-60
- STM Cougars Push for 4th Straight Title
- Saints-Pelicans Partnerships Deliver Scholarships for UL Lafayette Seniors
Scroll for more content...