SLEMCO has restored power to customers following Category 4 Hurricane Laura, several employees will travel north on Wednesday, to Jonesville based Concordia Electric to help restore power there. Though far from the coast, the storm ravaged both transmission and distribution structures in Concordia’s service area. Upon arrival, SLEMCO crews will join employees from Linetec Services, an electric utility contractor based in Alexandria. The Linetec crews heading to Concordia Electric recently helped restore power to SLEMCO’s distribution system. “Electric power has grown over the last several decades to become a necessity for everyone,” explains SLEMCO Communications Coordinator Mary Laurent. “No one realizes that more than employees who work in the industry. When natural disaster strikes one of us, it is second nature to offer assistance and rush to the aid of our colleagues, sometimes in states far away. It’s what we do.” SLEMCO will be sending two line crews, a field superintendent, a mechanic and two field engineers. Linetec Services is sending three line crews. SLEMCO provides electric power to 109,000 customers in Acadia, Evangeline, Iberia, Lafayette, St. Landry, St. Martin and Vermilion Parish.
Photo courtesy of SLEMCO
Now that SLEMCO has restored power to its own customers following Category 4 Hurricane Laura, several employees will travel north on Wednesday, to Jonesville based Concordia Electric to help restore power there.
Posted: Sep 1, 2020 10:01 AM
- SLEMCO Sends Crews to Concordia Electric to Restore Power
- SLEMCO Power Restoration Update
- SLEMCO Power Restoration Update 8-31-20
- Restoration Updates with SLEMCO Utility Service
- SLEMCO: Power Outages and Being Prepared
- SLEMCO Provides an Update on their Restoration Efforts After Delta
- SLEMCO Focusing Operations and Efforts Entirely on Power Restoration Following Arrival of Hurricane Delta
- SLEMCO Making Final Preparations For Delta
- Crews Assessing Damages, Restoring Power in Louisiana Following Hurricane Delta
- SLEMCO Officials Talk About Recovery Efforts After the Storm
Scroll for more content...