(LAFAYETTE, La.) Lafayette Mayor-President Josh Guillory notified Governor John Bel Edwards in a letter Wednesday afternoon that Lafayette Parish is opting-in pursuant to Proclamation Number 17 JBE 2021. This will allow bars in the Parish to open for on-premises, indoor consumption at the full extent authorized by the Governor’s current proclamation. Bars allowed to open under the order must adhere to the following restrictions:
· Bars may reopen and offer tableside service only. Standing and bar service will be prohibited.
· Indoor capacity shall be limited to a 25% occupancy rate or 50 people, whichever is less.
· Outdoor capacity shall be limited to 50 people and only for tableside service.
· Tables shall be spaced in accordance with the State Fire Marshal’s social distancing guidelines.
· Service and sales of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption shall only occur between the hours of 8 A.M. and 11 P.M.
· No person under the age of twenty-one (21) shall be allowed on the premises.
For more information and the full guidelines, please visit opensafely.la.gov.