OPELOUSAS, LA - Ninth and Tenth-grade hybrid students will be heading back to school on Wednesday, March 10, 2021. Except for the St. Landry Parish Virtual Learning Academy students, all students will now be in the classroom receiving daily in-person learning. After reviewing the LDH data, Superintendent Jenkins has decided to return the remaining SLPSB students to face-to-face instruction. Hepoints out that our positivity rate continues to decline for the fourth consecutive week and is currently 2.6percent.”St. Landry Parish Virtual Learning Academy (SLPVLA) 9th and 10th graders have the option to return to face-to-face instruction, while students not wishing to return to in-person learning can choose to opt-in to SLPVLA. Parents wanting to opt-in or out of SLPVLA should contact the school-based administrator by Friday, March 12, 2021. Overall, Louisiana’s percent positivity for COVID-19 tests is at 5 percent; one-third of what the positivity rate was six weeks ago. The state has completed more than 6 million COVID tests and administered more than 1 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccines. Superintendent Jenkins says, “In SLPSB, by the end of the week, every employee that wants to be vaccinated will have had an opportunity through the hard work of Mrs. Brown and our community partners such as Southwest Primary, OGHS, and others. The St. Landry Parish School System will continue to invest in resources to create the safest working and learning conditions possible to support our students’ academic and social-emotional progress. We thank our principals, our teachers, and our staff members for their tireless commitment and dedication to supporting and educating our students during this extraordinary time.
Ninth and Tenth-grade hybrid students will be heading back to school on Wednesday, March 10, 2021.
Posted: Mar 5, 2021 3:41 PM
Updated: Mar 5, 2021 3:45 PM
- Remaining SLPSB hybrid students returning to in-person learning
- LPSS Middle and High School Students Return to Hybrid Schedules
- Lafayette Parish School System Returns Students to In-Person Learning
- Southside High School returns to hybrid learning due to COVID-19 cases
- Vermilion Parish Students to Transition from Hybrid Schedule to Face to Face Learning
- In person learning in Louisiana
- LPSS Returns 8th and 12th Grade Students to Daily In-Person Learning
- St. Landry Parish Fifth-Grade Students to Return to In-Person Learning Next Week
- LPSS: Southside High School to remain hybrid for rest of school year
- St. Martin Parish Offers Online Meal Reservations for Virtual and A/B Hybrid Students
Scroll for more content...