BENTON, La. (AP) — Authorities say a Louisiana woman was arrested and accused of shooting and wounding her father, who is a local sheriff’s deputy. A Bossier Parish Sheriff’s Office press release says 22-year-old Kalee L. Wich was arrested Monday on a charge of attempted first degree murder in the shooting of 56-year-old Deputy Burt Wich. The release says investigators found Deputy Wich in his home suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. He was hospitalized in stable condition. A motive for the shooting wasn’t immediately released. It’s unclear whether Kalee Wich has an attorney. Deputy Wich was off duty at the time of the shooting. The release says he’s been with law enforcement for more than 25 years.
Photo courtesy of MGN Online
Authorities say a Louisiana woman was arrested and accused of shooting and wounding her father, who is a local sheriff’s deputy.
Posted: Feb 23, 2021 11:49 AM
- Release: Louisiana parish deputy shot, wounded by daughter
- DSNAP Approved for 16 Louisiana Parishes
- Entergy Louisiana Acquires Washington Parish Energy Center
- Louisiana deputy arrested for alleged inmate relationship
- State Police Identify Man Shot and Killed In Deputy-Involved Shooting in St. Mary Parish
- Louisiana: statewide Shot for a Shot vaccine campaign
- Two Louisiana Parishes Added for FEMA Housing Assistance
- Five Additional Louisiana Parishes Designated for Individual Disaster Assistance
- Hazard Mitigation Funding Approved for Several Louisiana Parishes
- Jefferson Parish Republican Abruptly Resigns from Louisiana House
Scroll for more content...