ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Rapper Lil Wayne has been charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, an offense that carries a potential sentence of up to 10 years in prison. Documents filed Tuesday in Miami federal court say the rapper, whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., had a gun and ammunition on Dec. 23 of last year despite knowing he had the previous felony. Authorities say Carter acknowledged owning the gold-plated handgun after his luggage was searched upon arriving in Miami on a private plane. Carter's attorney says he's not a dangerous person and never used or brandished the weapon.
Photo courtesy of Owen Sweeney/Invision/AP, File
Rapper Lil Wayne has been charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Posted: Nov 17, 2020 2:24 PM
- Rapper Lil Wayne Charged with Federal Gun Offense in Florida
- Rapper Lil Wayne Pleads Guilty to Federal Weapons Charge
- Masked Rapper MF Doom Dies at 49
- Rapper Charged with Coronavirus Benefit Fraud After Boasting in Song About Benefit Fraud
- Ticketable Offenses in School Zones
- Rapper King Von, 2 others, fatally shot in Atlanta
- Louisiana Men Sentenced on Federal Firearms Charges
- Man Arrested on Multiple Sex Offenses
- Opelousas Woman Sentenced to 5 Years in Federal Prison for Federal Drug Charges
Scroll for more content...