BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — A corrections department sergeant at a Louisiana prison has been suspended and faces multiple charges in connection with drug possession at the prison. A state Department of Corrections news release says 28-year-old Dameesha Johnson of Baton Rouge is a sergeant at Elayn Hunt Correctional Center. The department says officers there discovered the drugs Saturday during a shift change. Iberville Parish Sheriff’s Office deputies arrested Johnson. Charges include taking contraband to or from a prison and malfeasance in office. Available online jail records did not indicate whether she has an attorney.
Photo courtesy of the USDA
A corrections department sergeant at a Louisiana prison has been suspended and faces multiple charges in connection with drug possession at the prison.
Posted: Feb 23, 2021 1:02 PM
- Prison sergeant faces contraband drug, malfeasance charges
- Federal Inmate Sentenced for Attempting to Obtain Contraband in Prison
- Contraband Investigation Leads to Arrests
- UPDATE: Crowley Police Chief Arrested on Malfeasance in Office and Obstruction Charges; Attorney Issues Statement
- Two St. Landry Parish Correctional Officers Arrested for Malfeasance in Office and Battery on an Inmate
- Newly Elected New Iberia City Marshal Arrested for Forgery and Malfeasance in Office
- Houston Man Sentenced to Federal Prison on Drug Trafficking Charges
- Iberia Parish Inmates Found in Possession of Contraband
- Former Bishop Gunn singer Travis McCready faces drug charges
- Opelousas Woman Sentenced to 5 Years in Federal Prison for Federal Drug Charges
Scroll for more content...