MINEOLA, N.Y. (AP) — Police say the 64-year-old father of singer-rapper Nicki Minaj has died after being struck by a hit-and-run driver in New York. The Nassau County Police Department says Robert Maraj was walking along a road in Mineola on Long Island at 6:15 p.m. Friday when he was hit by a car that kept going. Maraj was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead Saturday. Police are asking any witnesses to the fatal crash to come forward. Minaj was born Onika Tanya Maraj in Trinidad and was raised in Queens. She has not made any public statement about her father’s death.
Photo courtesy of MGN
Police say the 64-year-old father of singer-rapper Nicki Minaj has died after being struck by a hit-and-run driver in New York.
Posted: Feb 14, 2021 2:54 PM
- Police say Nicki Minaj's father killed by hit-and-run driver
- Driver arrested in connection with hit-and-run death of Nicki Minaj's father
- State Police Seeks Public’s Help in Locating Hit and Run Driver
- Dallas police officer directing traffic killed by suspected drunk driver
- Texas Father Shoots, Kills Intruder Holding 2 Children at Gunpoint
- Driver Killed in Richland Parish Crash
- Unrestrained Driver Killed in Two-Vehicle Crash
- ATV Driver Killed in Washington Parish Crash
- Pedestrian Struck and Killed in Hit and Run Crash in Jefferson Parish
Scroll for more content...