HOUMA, La. (AP) — Police in Louisiana said officers shot and killed a man with a gun who fired at them first. A Houma police spokesman told news outlets that officers responded to a report of shots fired at around 3 a.m. Sunday and found a man walking in the street with a weapon. The agency said officers and Terrebonne Parish Sheriff’s Office deputies tried to talk to him, but he fired at them and officers returned fire. Police said 43-year-old Cory Donell Truxillo was taken to a hospital, where he died. Louisiana State Police is investigating. No officers were injured.
Police in Louisiana said officers shot and killed a man with a gun who fired at them first.
Posted: Nov 30, 2020 10:50 AM
Updated: Nov 30, 2020 11:24 AM
- Police: Louisiana man killed by officers returning fire
- Connecticut man killed in Louisiana after police chase
- Louisiana State Police Investigating Lafayette Police Department Officer-Involved Shooting
- Louisiana congresswoman takes office, replacing late husband
- Oakdale man is Louisiana's 12th house fire death this year
- Louisiana State Police Searching for Missing 86-Year-Old Man
- Louisiana vs Louisiana Tech Soccer Preview
- Louisiana State Police Discourage Travel on Roadways
- Farmers Insurance returns to Louisiana after 7-year absence
- Louisiana Lawmakers Propose $1,000 Return-To-Work Bonus
Scroll for more content...