BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Authorities say a Louisiana pediatrician was arrested Wednesday and accused of physically and verbally assaulting a Southern University student-athlete while she was walking near the LSU Lakes. Baton Rouge police say 54-year-old Shane McKinney was charged with simple battery. Police say the student was walking along the lake Monday night when a man punched her in the chest and verbally assaulted her. Southern officials believe the assault was racially motivated. McKinney was a pediatric emergency medicine doctor at Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital but he's since been placed on administrative leave. His profile was also removed from the hospital's website. It's unclear whether he has an attorney.
Authorities say a Louisiana pediatrician was arrested Wednesday and accused of physically and verbally assaulting a Southern University student-athlete while she was walking near the LSU Lakes.
Posted: Nov 12, 2020 3:06 PM
- Police: Doctor Accused of Assaulting Southern student
- Doctors Hope To Avoid 'Twindemic' as Flu Season Begins
- Southern Baptist Disaster Relief Helps Lake Charles Residents
- 3 dead, millions without power after Zeta sweeps Southern states
- Jennings Man Arrested for Simple Assault and Drug Possession
- Man Arrested for Aggravated Assault with a Firearm
- 18-Year-Old Chicago Man Accused of Molesting 7-Year-Old Cousin in View of Teacher, Students During Online Class
- "Flu Season Has Already Started" Local Doctor Explains Importance Of Getting Flu Shot Early
- Southern Poverty Law Announces First Round of 'Vote Your Voice' Grants
- USPS Temporarily Suspends Retail & Delivery Services in Additional Southern Louisiana Locations
Scroll for more content...