At approximately 6:15pm Tuesday, Opelousas police responded to a shooting reported at the Cash Saver store on Heather Drive. Responding officers found one victim in the store with a single gunshot wound to his lower extremities. That victim was transported to a local hospital in stable condition. While on scene officers were notified of another victim that went into a local hospital suffering from multiple gunshot injuries to the lower extremities and was in serious condition. Initial information gathered at the scene indicated that two groups of young men were involved in a confrontation in the store that ended in one person firing several shots at what is believed to be one intended victim, and striking a bystander who apparently was not involved in the argument. All parties fled the scene except the bystander who was injured. Officers are working to identify all parties involved in the incident. Store surveillance is being reviewed at this time. More information will be released when it is available.
Opelousas police responded to a shooting reported at the Cash Saver store on Heather Street .
Posted: Nov 3, 2020 6:49 PM
Updated: Nov 3, 2020 7:44 PM
- Opolousas Police Respond to a Shooting at Local Business
- Police Respond to Possible Drive By Shooting
- UPDATE: Opelousas Police Respond to Two Shooting Complaints
- Abbeville Police Respond to Edwards Street Shooting; One dead
- Rayne Police Respond to Weekend Shooting on Bella Avenue
- Opelousas Police Respond to an Overnight Homicide
- Lafayette Police Respond to Shooting Incident in the 500 Blk of S. Pierce St
- Lafayette Police Respond to a Shooting in the 900 Blk of Priscilla Lane
- Abbeville Police Respond to a Shooting in the 800 block of S. State Street
- Lafayette Police Respond to a Shooting in the 300 Block of West Gilman Street
Scroll for more content...