AP- As a year marked by coronavirus nears an end, millions of Americans are depending on food banks to stave off hunger. Feeding America, the nation's largest anti-hunger organization, has distributed 4.2 billion meals in an 8-month period. That's an unprecedented pace in the group's history. An Associated Press analysis of most of the group's food banks found a nearly 57 percent increase in food distribution compared with last year. Experts say Latinos, Blacks, and households with children and women are among those at greatest risk of hunger.
Photo courtesy of AP Photo/Gerald Herbert
Millions of hungry Americans turn to food banks for 1st time.
Posted: Dec 7, 2020 9:52 AM
- Millions of Hungry Americans Turn to Food Banks for 1st Time
- Food banks during the pandemic
- Stimulus payments hitting some Americans' bank accounts
- Phillips 66 Contributes to Southwest Louisiana Food Banks as Part of $1 Million Campaign
- The Refinery Mission Hosts Annual Hunters for the Hungry Food Drive to Feed the Needy
- 24K Pounds of Food Collected for Hunters for the Hungry Clean Out your Freezer Drive
- Second Harvest Food Bank and Catholic Charities Announce New Partnership
- Second Harvest Food Bank Partners with CGI and Rouses
- Second Harvest Food Bank Preparing for Hurricane Delta
- Waitr to Present Second Harvest Food Bank with $10,000 Donation
Scroll for more content...