Jeanerette-based shipbuilding company Metal Shark has been selected to develop and build a sea-based weapons system for the United States Marine Corps. The long range unmanned surface vessel will represent the cutting edge of Naval technology.The strike vessels can be operated both remotedly or with a crew.Under the agreement, Metal Shark will design, build, test and implement the vessels and integrate them into existing software systems. Christopher Allard Metal Sharks CEO says, " We just signed a contract with the United States Marine Corps to develop their long ranged unmanned surface vessel. This has come about after four years of working in the autonomous space developing autonomous craft with partners marketing them and kind of bringing them to the military and working within the military space for the adoption of this kind of technology."Metal Shark is no stranger to federal defense contracts: in 2017 the company was awarded a 54- million-dollar contract to build patrol vessels.
Metal Sharks Inks Contract With United States Marine Corps
Posted: Jan 26, 2021 3:58 PM
- Metal Sharks Inks Contract With United States Marine Corps
- Lions Battle Sharks on Homecoming
- Coast Guard Medevacs Mariner Near Allen Bay
- Louisiana Environmental Quality Secretary contracts COVID-19
- Coast Guard Reminds Mariners that Hoax Calls are No Joke
- Marines Save Women Pinned Under Car in D.C.
- Starbucks to Boost Pay for All Employees in United States
- Health Officials Confirm New COVID-19 Variant in the United States
- United Way of Acadiana opens 2021 PACT United application
- Kid Lit Pick: " A Shark Tooth Fairy Tale" by Erica Morgan
Scroll for more content...