LAFAYETTE, La. (KADN) - The Mardi Gras fun will start soon across Acadiana.
Here's a look at parades and other events for the 2022 Mardi Gras season.
- FEB 13 – Courir de Mardi Gras - Old-Fashion Mardi Gras Run. Vermilionville, 300 Fisher Rd., Lafayette.
- FEB 18 – Krewe de Canailles Walking Parade. Downtown Lafayette, 6:30 p.m.
- FEB 19 – Carencro Mardi Gras Parade. Starts at Carencro High ends by Carencro Community Center. 11 a.m.
- FEB 19 – Krewe des Chiens. Downtown, Lafayette. 2 p.m.
- FEB 19 – Krewe of Carnivale en Rio Mardi Gras Parade. Downtown to Cajun Field, Lafayette. 6:30 p.m.
- FEB 20 – Scott Mardi Gras Parade. Scott. 1 p.m.
- FEB 25-MAR 1 – Le Festival de Mardi Gras à Lafayette. Cajun Field, Lafayette. Carnival rides & games, live music, food vendors, parades roll through festival grounds. Times vary.
- FEB 26 – Krewe of Bonaparte Mardi Gras Parade. Downtown to Cajun Field, Lafayette. 6:30 p.m.
- FEB 26 – Children's Parade. Downtown to Cajun Field, Lafayette. 12:30 p.m.
- FEB 26 – Youngsville Mardi Gras Parade. Youngsville. Public Works building to Fountain View. 11 a.m.
- FEB 28 – Queen Evangeline’s Parade. Downtown to Cajun Field, Lafayette. 6 p.m.
- MAR 1 – Mardi Gras Show at Miami Moon. Miami Moon, Lafayette.
- MAR 1 – King Gabriel’s Parade. Downtown to Cajun Field, Lafayette. 10 a.m.
- MAR 1 – Lafayette Mardi Gras Festival Parade. Downtown to Cajun Field, Lafayette. 1 p.m.
- MAR 1 – Independent Parade. Downtown to Cajun Field, Lafayette. 2:30 p.m.
- MAR 1 – Southwest Mardi Gras Association Pageant & Ball. Heymann Performing Arts Center and Frem F. Boustany Convention Center, 1373 S College Rd., Lafayette.
St. Landry Parish
- FEB 19 – Imperial Mardi Gras Ball. Delta Grand Theatre, 120 S Market St., Opelousas. 7 p.m.
- FEB 20 – Lebeau Mardi Gras Chicken Run, 103 Lebeau Church Rd., Lebeau.
- FEB 25 - MAR 1 – Eunice Mardi Gras Celebration. Walnut & 2nd St., Eunice.
- TBD – Lil Nate’s L’Argent Tailride, Chicken Run & Parade. Yambilee Arena, 1939 W Landry St., Opelousas.
- FEB 26 – Sunset Mardi Gras Parade. Oak Tree Park Dr., Sunset. 11 a.m.
- FEB 26 – Cankton Courir de Mardi Gras, 706 Main St., Cankton.
- FEB 27 – Eunice Lil’ Mardi Gras. 461 Sittig St., Eunice.
- FEB 28 – Lundi Gras Boucherie. Lakeview Park & Beach, 1717 Veterans Memorial Hwy., Eunice.
- MAR 1 – Opelousas Mardi Gras Parade & Celebration. Parade runs down E Landry, turn left on Liberty and travel back up Vine St. Opelousas.
- MAR 1 – Courir de Mardi Gras & Chicken Run. 501 Samuel Dr., Eunice. 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- FEB 5 – Bayou Mardi Gras Parade. New Iberia. Family styled Mardi Gras celebration, on the banks of the Bayou Teche on Historic Main St., 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- TBD – Krewe of Ezana Jeanerette Mardi Gras Parade. Canal, MLK & Main St., Jeanerette. 1 p.m.
- FEB 13 – Grand Marais Mardi Gras Children’s Dance. Mon Ami, 7304 E Hwy. 90, Jeanerette, 2-6 p.m.
- FEB 25-28 – Grand Marais Mardi Gras Dances. Mon Ami, 7304 E Hwy. 90, Jeanerette, Fri.-Sat. 9 p.m.-2 a.m., Sun. 7 p.m.-12 a.m., Mon. 9 p.m.-2 a.m. Costume judging at 11 p.m. Fri-Sat., and at 10 p.m. Sun-Mon. Admission fee.
- MAR 1 – Grand Marais Mardi Gras Parade. Hwy 90 E at College Rd., Jeanerette. 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- TBD – Krewe of Coteau Mardi Gras Parade. Francis Romero Memorial Park & LA 88, Coteau. 1 p.m.
- MAR 1 – Family Affair Mardi Gras Parade. Main St., Loreauville. 2 p.m.
St. Mary Parish
- FEB 25 – Krewe of Adonis. Morgan City. Begins on 2nd Street under the La. 182 bridge and proceeds to Onstead Street continuing down Sixth St. to Marguerite St., Ninth St./Hwy.70, Clothilde to onto Victor II Blvd. and ending at the Morgan City Auditorium on Myrtle St. 7 p.m.
- FEB 26 – Cypremort Point Boat Parade. Cypremort Point State Park, Hwy. 319. 1 p.m.
- FEB 26 – Krewe of Dionysius Parade. Berwick, the procession will line up on Gilmore Drive and turn on John Street, Robicheaux Street, Mount Street, Gilmore Drive, right on La. 182, Tournament Boulevard, Fairview Drive then to Pattie Drive, where it will disband at Berwick Junior High School.
- FEB 27 – Krewe of Galatea Parade. Morgan City. Begins on 2nd Street under the La. 182 bridge and proceeds to Onstead Street continuing down Sixth St. to Marguerite St., Ninth St./Hwy.70, Clothilde to onto Victor II Blvd. and ending at the Morgan City Auditorium on Myrtle St. 2 p.m.
- FEB 28 – Krewe of Amani Parade. Parade begins at Patterson High School on Hwy. 182/Main St. and continues down Hwy. 182/Main St. to Place Norman Shopping Center. 2 p.m.
- Feb 28 – Krewe of Hera Parade. Begins on 2nd Street under the La. 182 bridge and proceeds to Onstead Street continuing down Sixth St. to Marguerite St., Ninth St./Hwy.70, Clothilde to onto Victor II Blvd. and ending at the Morgan City Auditorium on Myrtle St. 7 p.m.
- MAR 1 – Franklin Mardi Gras Parade. Franklin. Begins at Franklin Senior High School on Main St., proceeds east on Main St., making a U-turn and then continues onto Willow St. The parade then turns right onto Third St., disbanding at the end of Third St. 1 p.m.
- MAR 1 – Krewe of Hephaestus Parade. Morgan City. Begins on the corner of Sixth and Sycamore St., proceeds on Sixth St. to Marguerite St. to Ninth St./Hwy. 70, to Clothilde, to Victor II Blvd. and ending at the Morgan City Auditorium on Myrtle St. 2 p.m.
- MAR 1 – Siracusaville Parade. Siracusaville. Participants will line up on Siracusa Road at 1 p.m. and proceed to James Street and Grace Street before ending at the Siracusaville Recreation Center.
The Baldwin Mardi Gras parade, initially scheduled for February 26, has been canceled, according to the Baldwin Police Department.
St. Martin Parish
- MAY 7 – Rotary Mardi Gras Ball. Cade Community Center, 1688 Smede Hwy., St. Martinville.
- FEB 10-12 – Cornucopia Ball. Children’s and teens’ gala Mardi Gras. Gala with selected theme. 7-11 p.m.
- FEB 27 – Newcomers Club Mardi Gras Festival. S. New Market Street by the Evangeline Oak. 2-10 p.m.
- JAN 15 – Frog-Di Gras in Rayne. 210 Frog Festival Dr, Rayne. 7-11 p.m. A Mardi Gras party celebrating 50 years of Frog Festival; dress code is anything Mardi Gras themed, live music, complimentary gumbo and cash bar. Tickets available at Rayne Chamber of Commerce.
- FEB 19 – Mermentau Cove Courir de Mardi Gras de L'anse. 1174 Lafosse Rd., Morse. Traditional run down the back roads of Mermentau Cove making several stops including private homes and Istre Cemetery. Day ends with a fais do-do and gumbo.
- FEB 26 – Church Point Children’s Courir de Mardi Gras. 1036 E Ebey-Saddle Tramp House, Church Point. Begins 8:30 a.m. Downtown for parade at 12:30 p.m. Awards at 1 p.m.
- FEB 27 – Courir de Mardi Gras in Church Point. 1036 E Ebey-Saddle Tramp House, Church Point. Courir begins at 8 a.m. and ends downtown for a parade at 1:30 p.m.
- MAR 1 – Tee Mamou-Iota Mardi Gras Folklife Festival. Downtown, Iota. Festivities begin at 9 a.m. with a Catholic Mass; followed by live music, folk arts and crafts, Children’s Mardi Gras, and adult parade. 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- MAR 1 – Carnival D'Acadie (Mardi Gras). Downtown, Crowley. Fair, live music and street dance, costume contests, parade. 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- FEB 26 – Mamou Mardi Gras. Downtown, Mamou.
- MAR 1 - No Limit Riders Annual Mardi Gras Run. The riders finish up the run by riding down 6th St. where a band will be set up at the intersection of 6th and Main St.
- MAR 1 - Mamou Mardi Gras Parade. 10:00 am. The parade will start at Lyons Market located on Poinciana Ave, and will turn off of Poinciana onto Cajun Dr. ending at the Chevron on 6th St. around 1:30 pm.
- MAR 1 – Krewe Chic A La Pie Mardi Gras Parade. Downtown Kaplan. 2 p.m.
Jefferson Davis Parish
- JAN 29 - Welsh’s Mardi Gras Ball. Town of Welsh.
- FEB 5 - Welsh’s In Town Run and Parade.
- FEB 12 - Welsh’s Country Run and Parade.
- FEB 12 – Lake Arthur Mardi Gras Parade.
- FEB 19 – Lake Arthur Mardi Gras Run & Parade.
- FEB 26 – Elton’s Mardi Gras Run.
- FEB 26 – Jennings Mardi Gras Festival & Parade.