Eunice, LA-According to Chief of Police Randy Fontenot,on Tuesday, September 8, Eunice Police responded to a call of someone being shot in an apartment at 821 S. Beulah Street. The call was received at 8:01 P.M. On arrival , officers located the suspect, Jonah Gobert, 29, in the apartment crying out loudly. Gobert’s brother, Benjamin Hurks, 35, was slumped over on a sofa bed, unresponsive, with a gun shot wound to the head. Hurks was pronounced dead at the scene by the St. Landry Parish Coroner’s Office. Gobert was taken into custody on a warrant for an August 23, 2020 incident being charged with Criminal Damage to Property, Simple Assault and Aggravated Battery. The Aggravated Battery charge is a felony offense. A .380 caliber semi-automatic handgun was recovered from the scene. Chief Fontenot reports the shooting is still under investigation and charges are pending. Although still in guarded custody, Gobert has not been booked into jail and is receiving medical care at the this time. The illness he is being treated for is unrelated to this incident. A charge of Second - Degree Murder is likely upon Gobert’s release from the hospital.
Photo courtesy of MGN Online
According to Chief of Police Randy Fontenot,on Tuesday, September 8, Eunice Police responded to a call of someone being shot in an apartment at 821 S. Beulah Street.
Posted: Sep 9, 2020 10:33 AM
Updated: Sep 9, 2020 10:34 AM
- Man Accused of Fatatlly Shooting Brother; Charges Pending
- Secret Studio Sessions: The Rayo Brothers
- Trooper Charged in Officer Involved Shooting
- UPDATE: Man Arrested on Second Degree Murder Charge in Connection to Rayne Shooting
- Man Arrested in Baldwin on Second Degree Murder Charge After Shooting Wife
- Man Charged with Shooting and Killing Toddler During Violent Rampage in Baton Rouge
- Suspect Wanted in Shooting of Lafayette Man
- Opelousas Shooting Leaves Man in Critical Condition
- Man Wanted Statewide for Shreveport Hospital Shooting
- Man Arrested for West Grolee Street Shooting
Scroll for more content...