BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Louisiana will receive potentially thousands of extra doses of the coronavirus vaccine steered to Walmart pharmacies under a program announced by President Joe Biden’s administration. Louisiana's health department said Tuesday that is has opted into the White House program to distribute 1 million doses directly to retail pharmacies. Louisiana will use 56 Walmart pharmacies around the state for the federal program. The pharmacy initiative starts Feb. 11. Whatever vaccine doses those Walmart pharmacies will start receiving through the federal program next week will come on top of the other Pfizer and Moderna doses shipped directly to the state each week to divvy up on its own.
Bill Feig/The Advocate via AP, Pool
Louisiana will receive potentially thousands of extra doses of the coronavirus vaccine steered to Walmart pharmacies under a program announced by President Joe Biden’s administration.
Posted: Feb 3, 2021 9:27 AM
- Louisiana Pharmacies to Get More Vaccine Through Biden Plan
- Biden's Climate Plan Aims to Help Louisiana Communities
- Louisiana Governor Talks Vaccine Plans at White House event
- Louisiana Pharmacies to Begin Receiving COVID Vaccine for the Elderly, Additional Health Care Workers on January 4
- CVS Health to Administer COVID-19 Vaccines at 7 Pharmacy Locations in Louisiana as Part of Multi-State Activation
- First Covid-19 Vaccine Administered in Louisiana
- Louisiana superintendent: Prioritize vaccine on school staff
- Most eligible Louisiana prisoners taking COVID vaccine
- Vaccine access opens to Louisiana Teachers
- Louisiana vaccine distribution slated for another boost
Scroll for more content...