BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — The Louisiana governor's office says the state has identified its first case of the COVID-19 variant in a person in the New Orleans area. Officials say the variant, frequently referred to as the U.K. variant because it’s prevalent in the United Kingdom, spreads more easily than other viral strains currently in U.S. circulation. Gov. John Bel Edwards said it was just a matter of time before the new strain reached Louisiana. He urged residents to wear masks, wash their hands and “double down” on other mitigation measures that are effective in reducing the virus' spread.
Photo courtesy of MGN Online
The Louisiana governor's office says the state has identified its first case of the COVID-19 variant in a person in the New Orleans area.
Posted: Jan 18, 2021 10:10 AM
- Louisiana Confirms 1st Case of COVID-19 Variant in State
- Health Department Confirms Two Cases of the Brazil COVID-19 Variant in Louisiana
- Two cases of the India COVID-19 variant Have Been confirmed by LDH in Louisiana
- Health Officials Confirm New COVID-19 Variant in the United States
- Health Department confirms two more cases of U.K. COVID variant in Louisiana
- Health Department confirms two additional cases of U.K. COVID variant in Southwest Louisiana
- New Variant of Covid-19
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: 99,354 COVID-19 Cases Across State
- Louisiana Hits Record COVID-19 Cases, Hospitalizations
- Louisiana's response to covid-19
Scroll for more content...