CALCASIEU PARISH - The State Fire Marshal’s Office (SFM), in collaboration with the Lake Charles Fire and Police Departments, has arrested a Lake Charles woman for setting two houses on fire. Sonzelet Kennon, 20, was booked into the Calcasieu Parish Jail on two counts of Simple Arson and one count of Unauthorized Entry of a Dwelling During an Emergency or Disaster. On September 5, the Lake Charles Fire Department’s Fire Prevention Bureau contacted the SFM regarding multiple fire calls within a two block radius over the prior two days. The fires were considered suspicious due to several circumstances including firefighters seeing the same female leaving each scene upon their arrival. Investigators assessed scenes located in the 400 and 500 blocks of First Avenue and determined at least two of the fires were intentionally set. Through investigative efforts, Kennon was identified as a suspect and Lake Charles Police were able to locate and detain Kennon for questioning. In an interview with deputies, Kennon admitted to being inside one of the homes around the time the fire began. She was then placed under arrest. This investigation is ongoing.
The State Fire Marshal’s Office (SFM), in collaboration with the Lake Charles Fire and Police Departments, has arrested a Lake Charles woman for setting two houses on fire.
Posted: Sep 11, 2020 11:50 AM
- Lake Charles Woman Arrested for Two House Fires
- SWLA Helping Lake Charles Recover
- Local Organizations Helping With Lake Charles Relief
- Lake Charles Mayor Talks Hurricane Laura Recovery
- Rebuilding Lake Charles After Hurricane Laura
- GEK Providing Meals And Supplies To Those In Lake Charles
- Blue Roof Program Sign-Up Station Open in Lake Charles
- Southern Baptist Disaster Relief Helps Lake Charles Residents
- Volunteer Firefighter Arrested for Jeanerette House Fire
- Westlake Man Arrested for House Fire
Scroll for more content...