The Lafayette Parish School System is transitioning hybrid students to campuses for in-person learning shortly after the Mardi Gras break. On Monday, February 22, 2021 6th-grade and 9th-grade students will return to school daily followed by 10th-grade students on Thursday, February 25, 2021. On Monday, March 1, 2021, 7th-grade and 11th-grade students will return to school daily. This staggered approach will allow the transportation department to assess and make any necessary changes to bus routes. We ask everyone for patience and understanding in the event that adjustments have to be made. As a reminder, LPSS buses are limited to 75% capacity; therefore, we encourageparents to continue to drop off and pick up students if able. Superintendent Irma Trosclair states, “Keeping health and safety a priority, we must also be mindful of the academic, social, and emotional impact of school closures on our students. While I respect the views of all stakeholders, the implementation of safety protocols has been effective and a return to daily instruction is the right decision at this time.”Since the closure of schools last March, we have worked to create safe teaching and learning environments. Mitigation measures such as: mask-wearing, frequent hand washing, social distancing to the greatest extent possible, respiratory etiquette, disinfecting high-touch surface areas, and limiting large gatherings have been successful. As a result, the spread of COVID-19 in school settings remains low. We will remain vigilant in our mitigation efforts and continue to ask for assistance from our community as we know these measures will allow our students and staff to remain safely in school. Anyone exhibiting any symptoms of illness must remain home.
The Lafayette Parish School System is transitioning hybrid students to campuses for in-person learning shortly after the Mardi Gras break.
Posted: Feb 9, 2021 2:49 PM
Updated: Feb 9, 2021 3:41 PM
- Lafayette Parish School System Returns Students to In-Person Learning
- Lafayette Parish School System Announces Return to School Plan
- Lafayette Parish School System Announces Football Plans
- Lafayette Parish School System Announces Student of the Year Winners
- Lafayette Parish School System Closes Schools On Monday
- Lafayette Parish School System Closes Schools On Wednesday
- Lafayette Parish School System Closes Schools On Thursday
- St. Landry Parish Fifth-Grade Students to Return to In-Person Learning Next Week
- UPDATE: Lafayette Parish School System will Remain in Phase 2
- Lafayette Parish School System Hiring K-5 Teachers for Summer
Scroll for more content...