Shortly before 6:30 am Lafayette firefighters and Hazmat Team responded to Lafayette High School for a reported natural gas smell. When emergency crews arrived on scene, there was a light smell of natural gas. Firefighters found the source of the minor leak on the roof of the school.
Our Hazmat team determined the leak originated from a possible loose connection on a gas line on the roof likely caused by the wind from Hurricane Delta. Service repair company was on scene rectifying the problem. An all clear was given by first responders for students to occupy the facility.