Lafayette firefighters are on scene of a commercial fire at Max’s Pool Hall. The fire is out at this time. There are reports of heavy smoke inside the building. First responders are venting the smoke out of Max’s Pool Hall and adjacent businesses.
No injuries have been reported.
Fire officials determined a mechanical failure in the HVAC unit on the roof is responsible for the fire. The fire in the HVAC unit produce a lot of smoke which filled both Max’s Pool Hall and two adjacent business. The fire damage was minimal.