The Scott Fire Department responded to a commercial fire at Lafayette Garden Apartments, located at 900 Provost Street.Fire fighters observed a fire on an exterior wall, near the entry door, of a second story apartment. Firefighters were able to quickly bring the fire under control, isolating it to the exterior wall and an adjoinin ginterior bedroom wall. An investigation into the incident revealed the fire to be accidental , caused by an improperly discarded cigarette on the porch area of the second-floor doorway. The second story apartment received moderate fire damage, while the downstairs apartment sustained moderate water damage.Residents of both apartments were relocated, until repairs and cleanup are completed. No injuries were reported.
The Scott Fire Department responded to a commercial fire at Lafayette Garden Apartments, located at 900 Provost Street.
Posted: Apr 1, 2021 8:09 AM
- Improperly Discarded Cigarette Causes Fire at Lafayette Garden Apartments
- Improperly Discarded Cigarette Causes Apartment Fire
- Importance of Properly Discarding Flood Debris
- Pence defying Trump demand to discard votes
- Improperly Restrained Toddler Killed in Crash
- Lafayette Consolidated Government Provides Information on the Importance of Properly Discarding Storm Debris
- LCG Announces the Importance of Properly Discarding Storm Debris
- Lafayette Fire Dept.: Cause of apartment fire "weather related"
- Lafayette Fire Department Investigating Cause of Fire at Bridgeway Apartments
- Accidental fire in Scott caused by improper discarding of fireworks, one firefighter injured
Scroll for more content...