Photo Gallery 1 Images
Eunice, La. - According to Sheriff Bobby J. Guidroz, The St. Landry Parish Narcotics Team received information of drug activity in the 200 block of St. George Street inside the city limits of Eunice. After hours of surveillance, a search warrant was obtained.
On October 10, 2021, St. Landry Parish Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Team along with the St. Landry Parish Sheriff’s Office SWAT Team traveled to Eunice to search the residence. Once inside, officers located Joseph Favors and a 17 year old juvenile.
The following items were located inside the residence:
· 817 grams of suspected Marijuana;
· 205 grams of suspected Methamphetamine;
· 158 suspected Ecstasy pills;
· 63 grams of suspected Heroin;
· 23 grams of suspected Cocaine;
· 7 grams of suspected “Crack” Cocaine;
· 126 Xanax pills;
· (2) bottles of Liquid Promethazine with Codeine, approximately 500 ml;
· 26 ½ suspected Lortabs;
· (1) Bersa Thunder .380 semi automatic handgun;
· (1) Beretta APX 9 mm semi automatic handgun;
· (1) Springfield Armory XD semi automatic handgun;
· Black digital scale containing residue;
· (2) surveillance systems; and
· Approximately $3762.00 in U.S. currency.
The street value of the narcotics seized is approximately $40,000 and the Bersa Thunder 380 semi automatic handgun was confirmed stolen through the St. Landry Parish Sheriff’s Office.
“My narcotic agents are on the streets making St. Landry Parish a safer place to live and raise our children. We will continue to combat illegal drugs and seize weapons possessed illegally,” stated Sheriff Guidroz.
“If anyone suspects any type of criminal activity in their neighborhood, call your local law enforcement agency to voice your concerns or submit your information anonymously to Crime Stoppers.”
This investigation is still pending and additional arrests are expected at a later time.
On behalf of Sheriff Bobby J. Guidroz, this is Deputy Chief Eddie Thibodeaux. All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.