MOSS BLUFF, La. (AP) — A former state lawmaker and his wife died the same day from COVID-19. The family's obituary says Vic and Terry Bass Stelly died within hours of each other on Saturday from complications brought on by the coronavirus. A memorial ceremony will be held Thursday at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Lake Charles. Daughter Toni Stelly Hebert wrote on Facebook that after 60 years together, her parents could not be without each other. Vic Stelly served 16 years in the state House and later was a member of Louisiana’s higher education policy board. He was 79. Terry Bass Stelly was 80.
Photo courtesy of Rick Hickman/American Press via AP, File
A former state lawmaker and his wife died the same day from COVID-19.
Posted: Dec 29, 2020 1:40 PM
- Former Lawmaker and Wife Died of COVID-19 on the Same Day
- Missouri poll worker positive for Covid-19 still worked shift, died after Election Day
- Former presidential candidate Herman Cain dies of COVID-19
- 13-Year-Old Missouri Boy Dies from Covid-19 Complications
- 'The Spicy Cajun' Radio Personality Layton Thibodeaux Dies From COVID-19
- Mayor of Estherwood Dies
- 67-Year-Old Woman Survives Covid-19 After 196 Days in Hospital
- Husband sends roses every day to his wife fighting COVID 19 in ICU showing love has no restrictions even in a pandemic
- Direct Cash Payments Likely as Lawmakers Near COVID Aid Deal
Scroll for more content...