Lafayette, La ( News15) Former Lafayette City Marshal Brian Pope has been released from jail. The LaSalle Correctional Center where he had been serving a one-year sentence on 2018 malfeasance convictions confirmed his release. Pope reported to prison last November after exhausting appeals and earned good time credit towards his early release. He still faces more than a dozen other malfeasance charges in Lafayette Parish for allegedly diverting Marshal's office fees to his private bank account. Pope served his sentence at the private prison in North Louisiana to protects his safety because he's a former lawman.
Former Lafayette City Marshal Brian Pope has been released from Jail.
Posted: Mar 11, 2021 10:52 AM
Updated: Mar 11, 2021 11:25 AM
- Former City Marshal Brian Pope Released From Jail
- Louisiana Supreme Court Declined to Hear Appeal by Suspended Lafayette City Marshal Brian Pope
- Pope Elevates 13 New Cardinals
- Pope Francis and former Pope Benedict get first dose of Covid-19 vaccine
- Lafayette City Marshal proposes to oversee security at City Hall
- City Council Appoints New Iberia Interim City Marshal
- Hear from American journalist released from jail in Myanmar
- Marshal Thomas Not Proceeding with City Hall Security Plan
- Greater Iberia Chamber Of Commerce To Host City Marshal Forum
- Thanks to grant, Lafayette City Marshal steps closer to accreditation
Scroll for more content...