NEW ORLEANS (AP) — The family of a woman killed in a float accident during the 2020 Nyx parade is suing the krewe, its captain, and the City of New Orleans. In the wrongful death lawsuit filed Thursday, the family of Geraldine Turner Carmouche claims that the city, the Mystic Krewe of Nyx, krewe captain Julie Lea, and tractor driver Desmond Williams were negligent in her death. Multiple news agencies report the civil suit demands damages from Nyx, Lea, the city, the float’s owner and the man driving the vehicle.
Photo courtesy of MGN
The family of a woman killed in a float accident during the 2020 Nyx parade is suing the krewe, its captain, and the City of New Orleans.
Posted: Feb 20, 2021 10:53 AM
- Family of woman killed in float accident sues carnival krewe
- Krewe De Chien Parade Cancelled This Year
- Krewe De Canailles Drive By Parades and locations
- Jeanerette Floating Dock Unveiling Rescheduled
- Carnival cancels all remaining cruises through February 2021
- Lafayette company is using UVC light to Kill COVID and bacteria particles floating in businesses
- New Roads Extends Floats On the Water After Wintery Mardi Gras
- Serious Accident Causes traffic Delays
- Vehicle Accident Involving Amtrak Train
- Lake Charles Woman Killed in Jefferson Davis Parish Crash
Scroll for more content...