Lafayette Parish residents can get rid of old trash and junk that aren’t typically picked up with regular garbage collection during “Debris Drop,” set for Saturday, October 24, 2020.
Lafayette Consolidated Government (LCG) and Republic Services are sponsoring the annual event, offering two drop-off locations. “LCG and Republic Services want to help citizens properly dispose of some items that may not always get picked up curbside, or that can’t fit into a cart.” LCG Environmental Quality Manager Bess Foret said.
· Old tires, wood and metal, furniture, appliances, carpet and padding, and other construction debris. There is a limit of five tires per person.
· Smaller waste, such as old clothes, shoes and other items should be placed in a bag or box.
· Larger items such as old bicycles, barbeque pits, and steel mounting poles for basketball backboards will also be accepted.
Residents should be prepared to help unload items for disposal and/or recycling.
Only items from households within LCG’s jurisdiction will be accepted. Driver’s licenses will be checked. Waste from businesses will not be accepted.
Items not accepted include automotive batteries, chemicals, compressed gas cylinders and power equipment with a gasoline engine. Residents will be given proper disposal instructions.
When and Where
· Saturday, October 24, 2020
· 8 a.m.-noon
· Brown Park at 1234 E Pont Des Mouton Rd, Lafayette
· Neyland Park 1919 Eraste Landry Rd, Lafayette (behind the Robicheaux Recreation Center)
A complete list of items to be accepted can be viewed online at www.lafayettela.gov or residents may call 291-8529.