On March 13 2021 calls were received by the Church Point Police Department of shots fired in the 700 block of Martin Luther King Dr. Upon arrival several juveniles took off running from the scene. After further investigation it revealed that a 14 year old juvenile had pulled a gun and fired it after an altercation. No one was hit by the shots fired by the juvenile. Enough evidence was obtained and the juvenile was charged for Felony Illegal Discharging of a Firearm where human life is endangered. The case has been submitted to the 15th Judicial District Attorney’s Office for prosecution. The Church Point Police Department and the District Attorney’s Office are working together in an effort to stop and curb these shootings. We are also working with the surrounding Police Departments exchanging information about these shootings.
Photo courtesy of MGN Online
A 14 year old juvenile pulled a gun and fired it after an altercation. No one was hit by the shots fired by the juvenile.
Posted: Mar 19, 2021 2:10 PM
- Church Point Police Respond to shots Fired Call; Juvenile Arrested
- Juveniles Arrested for Several Shootings in Church Point
- Family member of juvenile shot last weekend near Church Point speaks out
- Franklin Police Investigate Shots Fired Call
- Juvenile Arrested for Fire at Jeanerette School
- Church Point Police phone line working again
- UPDATE: Church Point Police Phone Lines Up
- Two Juveniles Arrested for Homicide
- Juveniles arrested for vehicle burglaries
- Lafayette Police Responded to Shots Fired Call near Hayes and N Pierce Street
Scroll for more content...