KADN/KLAF- The Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office has launched an investigation into possible sexual abuse within the ranks of the Boy Scouts. A department spokeswoman tells News 15 investigators are looking into 28 possible cases spanning some 57 years from 1955 to 2012.The investigation was launched after the Boy Scouts approached local law enforcement. Some of those cases , she says, could be outside of the local sheriff's jurisdiction. The probe has already netted one arrest, 52 year old Barry Rozas of Lafayette. He was arrested Tuesday on a charge of First- degree Rape. The sheriff's office couldn't say what role Rozas might have had with the Boy Scouts but did acknowledge that his alleged crime would haved occured within that 1955-2012 time span. We'll have more on this developing story as information becomes available.
The Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office has launched an investigation into possible sexual abuse within the ranks of the Boy Scouts.
Posted: Feb 3, 2021 3:13 PM
Updated: Feb 3, 2021 3:15 PM
- Attorney Accused of Sexual Abuse in Boy Scout Case; Press Conference Set for 4PM
- Boy Scouts of America
- Lawsuit Accusing Diocese of Lafayette Priest of Sexual Abuse Will Proceed
- Local Attorney Discusses Breonna Taylor Case
- LSU coach accused of ignoring sexual harassment allegation
- Sunbelt Conference Releases 2020-21 Schedule
- Girl Scouts Membership Season In Full Force
- Sit-in targets LSU handling of sexual misconduct cases
- Former Fort Polk Soldier Sentenced to Life in Federal Prison for Sexually Abusing a Minor
- Former United States Air Force Officer Sentenced for Sexual Abuse of Minor
Scroll for more content...