According to Lafayette Parish School System, Acadiana High School was placed on a soft lockdown due to a threat to student and staff safety. Per LPSS safety plans and procedures, the appropriate authorities were contacted to assist in securing the campus. Officers of the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office and Scott Police arrived on the scene to support school resource officers and ensure the safety of everyone on campus. Parents were notified and students dismissed in a calm and orderly fashion from campus. LPSS officials say, "All threats are taken seriously and those engaging in this type of behavior will be held accountable for their actions. While this is very disruptive to the learning environment of our students, LPSS will continue to work closely with local law enforcement to make sure that students and staff remain safe on our campuses, as this is our number one priority."
Acadiana High School was placed on a soft lockdown due to a threat to student and staff safety.
Posted: Sep 10, 2020 3:49 PM
- Acadiana High School Placed Under Lockdown
- Sandbag Locations Throughout Acadiana
- Curfews Throughout Acadiana
- Schools Across Acadiana Switch to Virtual Learning
- Acadiana Severely Impacted by COVID-19
- Catholic Charities of Acadiana Needs Volunteers
- Deadline Extended for Games Across Acadiana Raffle
- Acadiana: Evacutions Due to Threat of Storms
- Flooded Roadways and Damage Reports Across Acadiana
Scroll for more content...