The Acadia Parish Sheriff's Office performed a 45 day operation within various cities in Acadia Parish affected by increased gun violence. The focus was to take illegal guns off of the streets, deter crimes of violence and focus on other crimes associated with these types of crimes.
The operation began on March 3, 2021 and ended on April 18, 2021. It focused on foot traffic, vehicle traffic and persons loitering in the affected areas of Crowley, Rayne and Church Point.
The statistics are as follows:
Contacts made by Deputies
- Crowley - 412
- Rayne - 182
- Church Point - 138
- Iota - 44
- Total stops/contacts made 776
- 56 Felony Investigations
Felony Arrests Made
- 69 people were arrested during this operation
Illegal Firearms Seized
- Cocaine, Crack Cocaine, Synthetic Marijuana, Methamphetamine, Heroin, Pharmaceutical Pills totaling 1,408 grams.
- Street value of the seized illegal narcotics is $29,040.00
Other Items Seized
- $43,879 in US Currency and 1 vehicle