"Hey everybody it is Meteorologist Cory Smith for another installment of 60-second science and today we are talking about why it is so refreshing to go to the pool! First, we have to take a look at something a little bit different. That being ice, When you put ice in water it is so much colder than the water that it makes the surrounding environment cooler. Well, going into the pool is the exact opposite! You are warmer than the water so, the cooler water makes you colder and is why it feels so nice to go swimming when it is hot out! If you have any science or weather questions make sure to send those in and I will see you guys next time.”
Why is a pool so refreshing in the summer months? Let's talk about why!
Posted: Jul 15, 2020 1:44 PM
- 60 Second Science: Pools
- 60 Second Science: Albedo
- 60 Second Science: Cone of Uncertainty
- The Science Behind Staying Cool
- UL Political Science Professor Talks Election 2020
- TikTok Science Experiment: Making Rain Clouds
- Lafayette Science Center Reopening to the Public
- Lafayette Science Museum Opens This Saturday
- Lafayette Science Museum Reopens This Weekend
- Child Drowns in Lafayette Hotel Swimming Pool
Scroll for more content...