(StatePoint) With so many options competing for the attention of diners, local restaurants are increasingly having success offering daily deals.
And many local restaurant owners and managers have learned there are ways to increase the effectiveness of such online marketing campaigns.
Based on a recent online survey of more than 500 restaurant decision makers, including 152 who have participated in daily deal campaigns, and taking into consideration what prior local advertising research has shown, the National Restaurant Association and Groupon are providing restaurateurs with some of the top tactics for success with daily deal marketing campaigns.
These recommendations include:
• Prepare staff to focus on customer service, look for upsell opportunities and track offer redemption.
• Schedule daily deal timing based on business needs and seasonality.
• Estimate and understand the promotion’s impact on profitability.
• Measure success by using free tools provided by daily deal company.
• Encourage repeat visitors with a customer loyalty program.
What does this all mean for diners? More opportunities to save on food and drink through special offers and customer loyalty programs.